To help you celebrate safely the Fourth of July safely, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, The National Council On Fireworks Safety and of course us Kneppy’s Fireworks offer the following safety tips:
1. Always read and follow label directions on all fireworks.
2. Have a responsible adult supervise all fireworks activities.
3. Buy from reliable fireworks sellers. Custom made items can be very dangerous/illegal.
4. Ignite fireworks outdoors in a very open area with no dead grass or plants
5. Have water handy in case a fire does start from lighting fireworks.
6. Never experiment or attempt to make your own fireworks.
7. Light one firework set(s)etc. at a time.
8. Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks.
9. Never give fireworks to small children.
10. Store in a cool, dry place.
11. Dispose of properly.
12. Never throw fireworks at another person.
13. Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
14. Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
15. Obey all local ordinances laws and times for firing off fireworks(i.e. No igniting fireworks in metropolitan/towns/boroughs etc. and no fireworks after 11P.M.)
16. NEVER EVER HOLD FIREWORKS: Anything that emits showers of sparks without a safety stick, flies off, or explodes ARE NOT SAFE FOR HANDLING!
EXCEPTIONS: Only sparklers, morning glories, and certain toy novelties can be held.